Gameparty.cz

Forum herního portálu Gameparty.cz
Právě je čtv bře 28, 2024 1:58 pm

Všechny časy jsou v UTC [ Letní čas ]

Odeslat nové téma Odpovědět na téma  [ Příspěvků: 51 ]  Přejít na stránku 1, 2, 3  Další
Autor Zpráva
PříspěvekNapsal: pát dub 20, 2012 6:35 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hey all! First let me allow to compliment u guys for launching such a great COD 2 server. Gameparty.cz COD2 v1.0 is a very nice server and i really love to play there a lot. :)
Im turning to u guys with a question of mine which got us in lot of trouble lately around keeping our internet cracked server visible in the master list for longer than just a few hours.
Our problem in regards to this COD 2 game server: 176.9.154.48:28960 FREEVerindra is that it doesn't stay in the master list for too long. We have already tried to do many things to fix this problem, kept running the server with the original cod2mp_s.exe, but still the server wont be staying in the master list for more than a couple of hours. Here are some of our masterserver references (hopefully someone could help us out as to which of these masterserver references shouldnt be used:

set sv_master1 "cod2master.activision.com"
set sv_master2 "master.gamespy.com:28960"
set sv_master3 "master0.gamespy.com"
set sv_master4 "dedifrag.com"
set sv_master5 "cod6authorize.activision.com"
set sv_master6 "codmaster.activision.com"
set sv_master7 "coduomaster.activision.com"
set sv_master8 "master0.gamespy.com"
set sv_master9 "master1.gamespy.com"
set sv_master10 "master.gamespy.com:28960"
set sv_master11 "coduoauthorize.activision.com"
set sv_master12 "master0.gamespy.com"
set sv_master13 "dedifrag.com"
set sv_master14 "codmaster.infinityward.com"
set sv_master15 "codauthorize.activision.com"
set sv_gamespy "1"

Could you help us out by telling us which masterserver references you are using for gameparty.cz COD 2 v1.0 to keep it constantly running and visible in the main cod2 master list? We are desperate about this problem, because our regular older players cant find our new FREEVerindra server anymore. Thanks a lot in advance! Freedom_fighter

PříspěvekNapsal: úte dub 24, 2012 9:33 pm 
CoD2 Admin
CoD2 Admin

hi, gameparty servers are not cracked. Our firewall filters incoming packets from the authentication server, so everyone can connect to server. Yes, you're right it causes server is not visible in the master list, not after a few hours but a few days. You can fix it, if you disable the firewall for one hour every day. Then the server is visible in the master list again.

Call of duty 2 Head Admin

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 7:14 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Tommy! Thank you for your clear explanation on this problem. Im really grateful. This is what we have done so far and still our 2 cracked verindra servers only stay visible in the master list for couple of hours.

1. I have set up 2 outbound rules in the server's windows firewall to block the outgoing packets for this ip address: 63.146.124.40
This solved the problem of avoiding cd-key check and the servers stayed visible for couple of hours only!
2. Then i set up 2 inbound rules in the windows firewall system to block all the incoming packets from the same ip address (same cod2 master ip)
and the servers still stayed visible, but it seems like they just cant stay visible for more than couple of hours in the master list. They just suddenly disappear after a few hours. :(

3. Then i disabled that 2 inbound rules, because in order to avoid cd-key check its quite sufficient to only enable the outbound firewall rules which block outgoing traffic for that master ip address.

My question to you is which ip address are you guys blocking incoming and/or outgoing packets for? We are desperate about this problem, but at least we can still make these 2 Verindra servers visible by disabling those 2 outbound firewall rules which block outgoing packets for that master ip address and then re-enabling them again. Is there some different master ip address that we dont know of? Thanks a lot in advance. Regards, Freedom_fighter

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 8:44 pm 
CoD2 Admin
CoD2 Admin

I'm a little confused. The second point means you set 2 inbound and 2 outbound rules or only 2 inbound rules?

We block only inbound packets from cod2master.activision.com (63.146.124.40).

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 8:59 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi. Well there are 2 scenarios and for both of them to work correctly without cd-key check i certainly need to enable those 2 Outbound rulez for that ip address.
(Outbound rules on the locat computer, server = incoming traffic from the remote machine, its meaning is turned around, but yes that just means blocking all of the incoming internet traffic from the remote computer)

Enabling the 2 set up Inbound rules (outgoing packets) doesnt yield any success, it probably only helps keeping our servers visible for a bit longer or the same amount of time. Is there some trick, that we r still missing in order to keep these 2 servers visible in the master list for longer periods of time.
At the moment im forced to enable and disable those 2 Outbound rules in the firewall 2-3 times every new day, which is not a good option, and still some players claim they cant see the servers in the list. Its either our dedicated server machine has a bad ip, or registered dns, maybe missing some udp packets, or blocking the incoming traffic on that ip is not enought...

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 9:24 pm 
CoD2 Admin
CoD2 Admin

Did you try remove both rules and check if server is visible for couple of hours?. Maybe the problem is somewhere else.

Gameparty is linux server. We have only one rule for blocking.

iptables -A INPUT -s cod2master.activision.com -j DROP

It means all packets from activision server are droped. That's all.

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 9:30 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Are you blocking incoming packets, internet traffic only on certain ports (UDP: 20500, 20510) for that master ip address or all kinds of data packets? Thanks a lot in advance for ur much appreciated help for trying to put an end to this annoying problem. I will try some other tricks yet, blocking only certain ports and redirecting some cod2 traffic back to localhost, but i think our problem is originating from the fact that we are running these cod2 servers on the same dedicated machine, its not a gaming host. I will try to run only one Cracked Verindra server and see how long its going to stay visible in the master list. Thanks, Tommy, for all ur help u can give us these days. We are really desperate about this problem, because we have already lost most of our regular players...

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 9:33 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Both Verindra server are running on a windows server 2008 r2 without any virtualization. Im thinking maybe the problem lies in the fact that it may be coming to interference between them, because both of them share the same master tcp port: 28960, but both servers run from different locations and differently named main executables.

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 9:35 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Anyway, im thinking maybe installing a linux disto inside vmware or virtualbox would be a reasonable decision to start with in order to potentially solve this problem.

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 9:37 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Sry, i forgot to answer ur question. Yes, as soon as i remove those firewall rules, by disabling them, the servers become visible in the master list, i dont even need or relaunch them at all. All i do is disable those rules, then enter couple of heartbeat commands in the running servers console and after a few minutes i enable those rules again.

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 9:46 pm 
CoD2 Admin
CoD2 Admin

I have checked "Linux / Unix Command: iptables" and it should block everything from cod2master.activision.com.

You can't use same port for more servers in same domain. [-X Every server has to have own port. I think it causes server is not visible for long time.

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 9:56 pm 
CoD2 Admin
CoD2 Admin

Freedom_fighter píše:
Sry, i forgot to answer ur question. Yes, as soon as i remove those firewall rules, by disabling them, the servers become visible in the master list, i dont even need or relaunch them at all. All i do is disable those rules, then enter couple of heartbeat commands in the running servers console and after a few minutes i enable those rules again.

I hope you disabled only these rules, not firewall. I wanted to know if server is running with firewall without new rules.

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 10:16 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Ok ive just finished some checking, playing around with these 2 servers. It seems that as soon as i disable those firewall rulez (2 outbounds w/out their inbound counterparts) the servers become visible in the master list and stay there forever (Normal original public COD2 servers running from their original exe)
And then i apply those rules, block all incoming and outgoing traffic for that master ip and the servers stay visible but only for a short time.

I think ur right about these servers sharing some of their common master ports (20500, 20510 and 28960) on the same ip, they are probably interfering with each other, so i need to resolve this either by registering a few more ip addresses, i think we got 4 when we bought this dedicated server, but they need to be registered or i install vmware or virtualbox and set these 2 or more Verindra servers up by installing them inside their own host op. systems. This will also yield additional unwanted overhead (more cpu and memory usage) but this dedicated machine is fueled by an intel cpu i7-2600 and 16 GB ddr3 so even virtualizing these 2-3 servers wouldnt be a problem in my sincere opinion.
first i will shut down both Verindra servers and only launch one and see if its going to stay visible for couple of days. Talk to u later, thanks again for these great tips. As usual they are always very welcome and much appreciated. I will keep u posted about whether we gain any positive results by having only server running on our dedicated server machine.

PříspěvekNapsal: čtv dub 26, 2012 10:28 pm 
CoD2 Admin
CoD2 Admin

Ok, good luck. :wink:

If you have a time for testing, check then what difference is between inbound and outbound filtering only with one server. I would like to know if the time is same.

Bwt you can use other port number for server (for example 28960, 28961, 28962). You're not limited only for 20500, 20510 and 28960.

PříspěvekNapsal: pát dub 27, 2012 11:20 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Tommy! Sry for late reply. Ive been working around the clock, been installing some additional roles on our server: DNS, Active Directory services and Hyper-V for creating new virtual machines. Ok here are some results that i have managed to gain by testing only one Verindra server with those Outbound w/out their Inbound pair of rules set:

I left only one COD2 server running on the dedicated machine without any virtualization or other game servers running and thus probably interfering with each other on those common cod2 ports.
Even with only one server running the Verindra game server was only visible in the master list for 6 - 10 hours. But still it was a big improvement compared to the case when we were running many game servers simultaneously.
Of course we are using different ports for our game servers and i have also tried to avoid using 28960.
This is one of our Verindra COD2 servers running at this ip address: 176.9.154.48:28801

If i only enable the Inbound rule for the COD2 server (blocking all outgoing connections for the master ip) the cd-key check is still in place. The only firewall rule that has effect on disabling the cd-key check is the set Outbound rule and its sufficient to use it for this purpose, but i also noticed that the servers will stay longer in the master list if we completely block all incoming and outgoing traffic for that master ip. So i keep both rules (inbound and outbound) enabled.
But still i have to disable those rules every few hours to put the server back in the master list. :/

Im trying to install Vmware workstation now, because the virtual internet connection with Windows server's Hyper-V didnt want to work, also had some problems with trying to make the integrated mouse to work, which was finally fixed, but still there was no internet connection. So our better option would be installing VMware or VirtualBox.

PříspěvekNapsal: pát dub 27, 2012 11:37 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks for all the tips and persistent help man. Im still going to try to understand why even the only one server running on one physical wont stay in the master list for longer than a day. Ive already registered a dns server and set up a domain controller and now it remains to see if we are going to get some better results by using Vmware's virtual environment. Will keep u posted about this ongoing investigaion. Also will try to use some other firewall rules as well...

PříspěvekNapsal: pát dub 27, 2012 11:46 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

It's just so strange that when we run more COD2 game servers simultaneously without applying those filtering Outbound w/out their counterpart Inbound rules (when the cd-key check is enabled) they become visible in the master list and stay there forever. It seems like sharing these ports among 2 verindra cod2 servers with those Outbound rules enabled causes some communication interference on cod2's master port: 28960 but not immediately, only after some time.

PříspěvekNapsal: stř srp 02, 2023 6:18 am 
spammer :-)

audiobookkeeper.ru

PříspěvekNapsal: stř srp 02, 2023 6:19 am 

cottagenet.ru

PříspěvekNapsal: stř srp 02, 2023 6:20 am 

eyesvision.ru

Odeslat nové téma Odpovědět na téma  [ Příspěvků: 51 ]  Přejít na stránku 1, 2, 3  Další

Všechny časy jsou v UTC [ Letní čas ]